Child and Family Wellbeing and S.E.N Support Services
Life can be challenging
We are delighted to announce an exciting new venture within Malone Kindergarten, offering bespoke support services for children & their families.
We know that there are times when keeping everyone strong, happy and well can be challenging, especially during important life events, such as: moving house or to a new place, a new baby, raising young children, family separation, bereavement and loss, transitions, and supporting a child with additional needs.
At Malone, our newly formed Child and Family Wellbeing and SEN Support Services aim to help your child and family to better deal with life’s transitions and challenges.
Our vision is for a more inclusive society, where every child can reach their potential and enjoy family life to the full… letting them be “Simply Me!”
Reggio Emilia Philosophy to S.E.N
In keeping with the Reggio Emilia philosophy, we believe in ‘seeing the wider picture… through the eyes of the child with special or additional needs’. In our unique calm, natural therapeutic environment (both inside and out) we aim to deliver personalized and bespoke services to meet the needs of all members of the child’s family. The Reggio Emilia approach is an ‘inspiration for inclusion of children with ‘special rights’”.
To find out more, click on the following sections:
- Our team
- How we can help
- Support Services offered
- Is my child eligible for support?
- How can my family access support?
- How much does it cost?
At Malone Kindergarten our experienced team of professionals includes:
- expertise from consultant educational and child psychologist,
- early years specialist
- qualified teacher,
- experienced early years practitioners,
- yoga, reflexology and mindfulness practitioner.
How we can help
We provide a flexible and personalised support service that aims to enhance development, resilience, health and wellbeing for families. We can provide:
- Short-term support, information and guidance to support parents to develop skills and increase confidence;
- Longer-term supportfor children facing more specific or challenging difficulties, focusing on the individual and collective wellbeing of all family members.
With a child-centred, family-focused ethos we can help you and your child:
- Improve communication, social and emotional development
- Establish/improve routines
- Support academic, social, emotional and behaviour difficulties at nursery or school
- Manage stress and anxiety and strengthen coping mechanisms
Support Services Offered
We aim to offer a range of services for children and their families, including educational and psychological advice, support and intervention:
- Support for parents:
- Informal Drop in service – coffee and chat, or arrange a visit to your home to discuss your family needs
- Advice and support with a range of issues arising at home;
- Parent-child interventions to support positive interactions with your child, including use of Video Interaction Guidance;
- Parent training/information sessions on topics such as:
- Positive behaviour management strategies
- Building healthy family relationships
- Developing play skills with my child
- Social and emotional development
- Routines e.g. sleep, mealtimes, toileting
- Support for children:
- Individual and small group therapeutic interventions in a calm, natural environment
- Supporting children’s social and emotional development, attention and listening skills, mental and physical health and wellbeing and more;
- Personalized service with tailored support packages
- Small-group special needs playschool/nursery sessions
- 1:1 therapeutic programmes specifically tailored to your child
- Small group social skills for children who are home-schooled
- ‘Social Explorers’ groups to support children with social communication needs
- Movement and physical wellbeing sessions
- Yoga and mindfulness
Is my child eligible for support?
Our service is for families with a child or young person who may be:
- displaying challenging behaviour, or experiencing anxiety or a stressful life event, e.g. family separation, bereavement, bullying;
- home-schooled and wishing to access group social-skills and wellbeing sessions;
- experiencing specific difficulties in one or more areas of family life e.g.:
- sleep difficulties
- food difficulties
- toileting issues (fear/anxiety, toilet training)
- behaviour management
- language and communication skills
- undergoing assessment for or diagnosed with more specific SEN.
How can my family access support?
We pride ourselves on a personal and individualised approach to best meet the needs of each child & family. If interested, or if you have any suggestions of support you or your child may benefit from, please get in contact – we are here to help. Send us an email to email@example.com or call us on 02890660688 to arrange a ‘coffee and chat’.
How much does it cost?
We will work with you to tailor support packages which suit your needs. Please contact us to arrange an informal ‘coffee and chat’ and to discuss specific support you may be interested in.